Saturday, March 24, 2012

A520.1.6.RB.HoyeJennifer



The Five Core Aspects of Self-Awareness are as follows:
- Core Self-Evaluation
- Values
- Cognitive Style
- Attitudes Toward Change
- Emotional Intelligence

My level of self-awareness has changed since I began the MSLD program with respect to the "Five Core Aspects of Self-Awareness" by really forcing me to look at myself a little closer. Self-awareness helps me identify gaps in my management skills and leadership style, to help promotes skill development. Self-awareness also helps me find situations in which I am most effective, assists with intuitive decision making, and aids stress management and motivation of oneself and others.

When I can understand "what make me tick", I also have insight into what makes others tick! To the extent that other people are like you (and, of course, there are limits to the similarity), knowing how to motivate yourself is the beginning to knowing how to motivate others!

According to the February 2007 Harvard Business Review, there may be something to all this talk about self-awareness. Self-awareness has just been recognized as the most important capability for leaders to develop (Simms, 2007).



Reference:

Simms, Michelle. "Self-awareness important for capable leadership.(Personal Coach)." Bellingham Business Journal. Sound Publishing Inc. 2007. Retrieved March 25, 2012 from HighBeam Research: http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-164949709.html

No comments:

Post a Comment