Saturday, March 24, 2012

A520.1.2.RB_HoyeJennifer

A culture of continuous improvement depends on open and honest feedback. Effective leadership periodically puts performance under the microscope by surveying employees at different levels. For this weeks assignments, I completed the Diagnostics Surveys for Self-Awareness. putting myself 'under a microscope' per say, is important to evaluate areas in which I can improve upon!



Please see the following results for the different sections of the Diagnostic Surveys for Self-Awareness:

Self-Awareness Assessment:
For this portion of the diagnostics, I scored a 60, which places me above average in the top quartile. This score didn't surprise me. I know that self-awareness and confidence are two different things, but I am am definitely a very confident person. Self-awareness means having a sense of I am, my place in the world and what I am all about. It's values, principles, ethics and morals all combined. Knowing who I am as a person, makes me feel better about making choices.

Emotional Intelligence Assessment:
For this section, I scored a 70, placing me right on target with the mean score, but in the third quartile. For this section, I was splitting the fence on issues, which didn't show definite emotional control.

The following is a list of three items derived from areas that I scored '0' points:
- I often rely on the other person getting an indirect hint.
- I do not acknowledge the different emotional commitments.
- I am not sensitive to the emotional climate of the group and my behavior may be inappropriate.

These things do not come as a surprise, though I am direct most of the time, I do expect people to just 'get' it. I often don't see outside the box when it comes to other people's feelings, or emotional commitments. I've been told that I can come off as being insensitive and think this quality has a lot to do with it!

The Defining Issues Tests:
This test, I did wrong. I thought I was only suppose to mark the top four, making all the rest of the answers a '5'. When I redid the test, I found my top answers to be on par, but a lot of my other answers tended to be more lenient than the test allowed. I can define an issue. I make my own decision about the issue, but quickly rule out the items I don't find important. I found this test quite ambiguous, to be honest, as the scoring was merely a comparison to the authors choice decisions.

The Cognitive Style Indicator:
This portion of the test, had three sections: knowing, planning and creating. I scored the following for each section:
Knowing: 4 ( above average for young managers, but slightly below the mean for MBA students

Planning: 3.8 (slightly above mean for young managers and slightly below the mean for MBA students)
Creating: 4.3 (slightly above mean for MBA students and young managers)


Locus of Control Scale:
For this section, I scored a '4', putting me in the second quartile, or lower levels. The data suggests I have a low locus of control, meaning that I don't think I have that much control over the events that affect me. I was very surprised by this. I think I am primarily responsible for everything that affects me, not the other way around. hmmp.


Tolerance of Ambiguity Scale:
For this section. I scored a '55' meaning that I have a high tolerance for ambiguity. This quality and score, however places me in the second quartile. I have a lot of patience, and like to think outside the box. Though I appreciate when work is specific, it doesn't make me crazy if it is not. I take it as an opportunity to shine!


Core Self-Evaluation Scale:
For this section, I scored a '4.6', putting me in the top quartile. Individuals scoring high on this scale generally have a high self-esteem, and generalized self-efficacy, which for me is pretty dead-on.

No comments:

Post a Comment