Saturday, January 21, 2012

MSLD500_Activity2.3_HoyeJennifer

For this post, I will be answering a few questions about myself. I am linking 100 Things About Me, from a couple of years ago, but I think it gives you a little insight to who I am and how I think!

"A mode of conduct, a standard of courage, discipline, fortitude and integrity can do a great deal to make a woman beautiful." -Jacqueline Bisset


•What are some standards that are most important in your life?

Integrity: If there is ONE thing people cannot say about me, it's that I am a liar, or someone who does not follow through. I strive to be a woman of integrity and honestly. I have little patience for those who do not act the same. Once of my BIGGEST pet peeves is when someone says he/she will do something, and then does not do it! You see, if there is even a slight chance that I think I won't be able to do something, I don't tell you I will do it! (even if it seems mean)

Reliability
: Being reliable sort-of piggy backs on integrity. I feel that being a reliable person is priceless. I believe if you are reliable, you will go far in all aspect of life!

Fairness: The ability to consider the strengths and weaknesses of opposing points of view and then to imaginatively put myself in the place of others in order to genuinely understand them is super important to me, although I am told that I don't come off very understanding! That being said, I still think I am a super-fair person, that needs to work on SHOWING people I am listening!

Positive: I am definitely a 'glass is half full' type of person. I can see the best in almost any situation and person. I always got the sportsmanship ribbon when I was younger and as an adult I find that people love working with and for me because of this standard!

"Always turn a negative situation into a positive situation." -Michael Jordan


Popular Extrovert: I LOVE people and can literally talk to anybody. Though it's not important to me to be 'popular' by any means, I have lots of 'friends'! :)


•How did you acquire those standards?

When I was young...I was raised in a very strict religious and military family. I was the oldest of 4 and was/am very independent. My mom jokes, "That if I could have birthed myself, I would have". that being said, I've always been head-strong and fearless. Though I've grown to believe things a bit differently from the way that I was raised, I still respect where I came from. Being raised the way I was raised had a great deal in forming the way I think and act.

I was a very observant little girl and still posses this trait. I've always paid very close attention to people's verbal and non-verbal cues in situations and to people. I feel it has played a great role in the type of mother/partner/sibling/leader/manager I was and am.


•How have they changed over the years?

I used to care very much what people thought of me, when I turned 30, I no longer cared! I don't really know what it was about '30' particularly, but it was the magic year my 'give-a-damn' card got thrown out the window! I've always been fearless and not afraid of a challenge, but I feel like when I was younger I hesitated quite a bit more than I do now as an adult.

I am often not what people think I am at first glance. If they see me in business attire, they have no idea I am heavily tattooed, and witty. If they see me in my regular clothes, they make assumptions that I am un-approachable and not nealry as educated as I am! I love being a bit of a camelion, I think it makes me unique!

No comments:

Post a Comment